The ability for both your members and non-members to be able to view, edit and change their own details liberates you from having to micro-manage their details. They can also buy the products and membership plans you offer, based on your permission settings. Your members also have access to the member-only community section too.
Here's a glimpse of the Users Area home screen:
How Do I Access the Users Area?
You can always access and view the Users Area from the drop down on the top right of your screen:
A Responsive, User-Centered Experience You Control
The Users Area is built to work beautifully on all devices for all of your workspace users on demand. One of the core design features with the Users Area is that it's user-friendly and responsive for everyone who uses it, whether they are logged in or not, and whether they're a member or not. At every step of the way, you control who can see and access your plans and products, and who can book which space by setting visibility to private, member-only or public on a case-by-case basis.
For example, a non-logged in user (whether they are a member or not) will have an experience similar to this:
On the other hand for the same pages, a logged in member would experience this:
As you can see, the logged in experience provides a much richer, more fully featured experience based on the configurations that have been set. So without further ado let's dive into the whats, wheres and hows of the Users Area.
The components in Habu also respond to your settings. If you don't do bookings or don't make the available to at least your members, the bookings card won't appear. Likewise with products and plans.
What Does the Users Area Do?
The Users Area allows you to do a number of key things:
- Create a STORE to sell your products and plans
- Enable users to make room BOOKINGS
- Allow SELF-CHECK-IN for hotdesks
- Provide ACCOUNT visibility and control
- Allow members to access your COMMUNITY
- Find out WORKSPACE INFO (opening hours, team, support)
Card Payment Integration
If you've integrated your account with Stripe or Adyen, then all users will be able to pay for the products and plans you offer through the Users Area. Bookings remain a post-pay element. When they select a item they would like to purchase they are taken through the the check-out process:
If you haven't or can't integrate a card payment provider due to your region, your users will still be able to view your products and plans, they just won't be able to add them to their account and pay for them. Instead, they will notified that they can't buy it directly:
And when they click on the support email link, the product or plan they are interested in will be automatically added to the email they will send to you requesting this:
How do I Enable Access to the Users Area?
To embed the Users Area in your website to enable members to log in or allow access to your Store, it's pretty simple.
For members to log in, just copy and paste your Habu account URL into e.g. a log in button in your website. That'll be the URL you created when you signed up and will be something like:
To send users to the Users Area copy and paste your Users Area URL into a e.g. go to store / see all products / make booking button in your website. Your URL will be something like this:
With that in place let's move on to a detailed exploration of how to set your Users Area up.
The Features For Members & Customer Autonomy
Throughout, I'll be drawing attention to both the features available, and tips to make sure your members have the best, most accurate information at their fingertips. Providing the best data possible means you'll have fewer, boring admin questions to deal with and things will work a whole lot smoother at your workspace.
In keeping with our approach with design at Habu, features respond to the configurations you set. Therefore the components that will be experienced by your users will be different based on who they are and if they are logged in.
WORKSPACE GENERAL INFO
This is where your general info is located and can be accessed by clicking on the main header image. This area contains:
- Opening hours on a week-by-week basis along with any exceptions (closed days/different operating hours)
- How to find you, both physically and online
- How to contact you, if support is required
- Who your team are
‣ Keep your opening hours and exceptional days up to date. You can find the controls for this in Settings > Opening Times.
‣ You can add your location and support details in Settings > Hub.
‣ Make sure your team profiles look fantastic, have great bio's and have the relevant profile info. You can add these details on each team members contact page.
‣ Only team members that opt in to sharing their profile will be visible.
- HOME AKA THE DASHBOARD -
- Today's opening hours
- The ability to Check-in and Check-out of your coworking space
- Viewing upcoming bookings or flexible space reservations
- Viewing past, current and future allowances
- Access Membership plans
- Buy Products
- Make Bookings
There's a host of important information here, designed to make it as simple as possible for your members to find the most relevant and time sensitive info as possible. And it also provides links through to the more detailed, connected pages too.
Here's how they'll experience things as a member:
For non-members, users without allowances (e.g. day passes) and generally speaking, non-logged in users, their dashboard will have reduced functionality e.g:
- Checking in and out of your flexible workspace
- Viewing today's business hours
- Accessing workspace general info
In this section, the dashboard display your workspace's opening hours, and is where your users will be able to check in and out of your flexible spaces. Clicking on the opening hours also takes the user though to your workspace general info page.
Notes: The check-in button is available to user who have products with allowances to your flexible space and to all members. Check-ins can be made during your opening hours, and can check-out at any time of day.
- Next 3 activities, including current booking or reservation
- Access to all activities including the full history and all upcoming.
The upcoming section shows the next three activities in your bookable spaces and flexible spaces. This includes current bookings and check-ins. Your members can also access their detailed booking history by selecting "Show All":
Section: Store & Add Ons
This is an effectively a shop front for your workspace, and is a great way for you to sell the various things you offer.
- Make Bookings
- Buy Products
- Sign up for Membership Plans
Users can view and purchase plans and products you've set to be visible publicly or to members only.
Products with allowances appear in the Pay As You Go card. Products without allowances appear as separate items in Add Ons. When a user clicks on Pay As You Go products, they are taken to an overview screen where they can filter their view of the products you offer:
Users can also access and sign up for membership plans, as well as any membership options you offer. When they click on the plans or product option, they'll be taken through to the overview shopfront and from there they will be able to pay for and receive the product.
This is an example of a plan overview page:
And this is the detailed view of the plan:
Note: Members cannot change their plan at the moment. A message is displayed explaining that if they want to change their plan they need to contact you via your support email. This functionality will be added in the future.
It's also where users make bookings in spaces that have been made visible to them based on your individual space settings:
- It's important to understand that Habu does not currently support upfront payments for bookings in the same way that Habu does with products and plans. This feature was initially designed to be for member and invite-only bookings. We will be enhancing this feature in the near future.
- If you set a space to be publicly visible, a charge will be generated for the booking and you will need to manually invoice the user if you don't have auto-invoicing turn on, or would like to take payment sooner than the end of the month. Auto-payments only apply to members not non-members.
- Display Issue: Even when members with allowances are making a booking a cost will be shown. If they have allowances for that space, they will not be charged for that time in the space. Allowances are visible on the user's homepage.
- Bookings made through the Bookings here are automatically confirmed.
If you don't want to allow the public to book spaces in this way it's important to set your space's visibility to member only or admin only. You can make utilize Custom Forms if you want an alternative way for non-members to make bookings. You can read more about them here.
- COMMUNITY -
The Community section in your account is a member only area. For non-members they will simply be informed that to see your workspace community they need to sign up for a plan.
- Community Discovery
- Detailed member profiles
This is members-only area that's primarily about accelerating connections within your workspace rather than being yet-another-social-media-platform. To both avoid having a community section devoid of details and one that respects your member's privacy, a member will only appears here when both of these are fulfilled:
- At least 1 piece of information has been added to their profile either by themselves or by you or your team. This could be their profile photo, website link, social profiles and/or their bio
- The profile has been shared.
These details are added in by members in their personal Account section, or by an admin on the member's individual contact page.
At any point your members can choose to hide their profile and decide what info they want to share.
For non-members and members who aren't logged in, they will be presented with a call-to-action to join the community
Coming Soon Enhancements:
- Member in-app chat
- Non-member access (a Habu add-on)
- Who's in today
- Mentors and community experts
- ACCOUNT -
This where all users have the ability to self-manage their own details and access their key information related to invoices and upcoming charges.
- Add / edit their Community Profile Details
- Add / edit Contact Details
- View Upcoming Charges
- View all Invoices
- Edit their Card Details
Section: Community Profile
Members choose, add and edit the details that they want to share within the workspace community. At least 1 field need to be populated to allow the member to share their profile to avoid the empty profile issue on your community wall.
Info that can be shared includes:
- Profile photo
- Company info
- Contact info (email / phone)
- Linkedin / Facebook / Twitter / Instagram profiles
along with the ability to:
- Hide / share profile with the community
To maintain privacy for members, they have complete control over which field to complete and therefore share including micro-controls on contact info.
Section: Contact Details
This is where your customers can add and edit their key details for how you can contact and communicate with them, and the details that will be add to their invoices:
- First / Last Name
- Job Title
Section: Upcoming Charges
Upcoming charges only appears if you have auto-invoicing turned on. If so, your users can view the current charges that they have on their account. If they are a member and you have auto-payments enabled, all of these charges will automatically collected into an invoice and payment taken by the 2nd of each month. If they aren't a member, these charges will be turned into invoices but will require them to manually pay the invoice. If they have a card on file, you have the ability to take payment trough their contact page and email the receipt.
Users can directly email you with any questions regarding charges from this page too.
This section provides full access for any user with an account to see their current and previous invoices, including the payment status of each invoice. Invoices can be downloaded as PDFs using the inbuilt capability of every browser (expect for Internet Explorer).
- Users cannot see invoices in DRAFT state.
- It's important you keep your invoices up to date in Habu with their payment status as your users can see if you've marked them as paid or not.
Section: Payment Method
Payment Method only appears if you have integrated a card payment provider with your Habu account. Here, your customers and members can add and edit their card details.