Configuring Habu is pretty simple and shouldn't take too long. But getting them right is key as your settings are the foundations of both your and your members' experience. In this article we start out with the basics under Settings > Hub.
- Display Name: Display name refers to the hub name that's displayed both on the top righthand side of the admin screen, and on the login page if you haven't uploaded a logo.
- Website: Adding your website enables an optimal user experience for anyone using the Habu enabled shopping cart for selling products such as day passes through your website.
- Address: This is for your business address. It will appear on any invoice that you send out.
- Country: Setting your country has a knock on effect for (a) Date Format options and (b) Currency options. Once you've set your country, the time and date options will be narrowed to the standard options for your locale. Time and date will also be displayed in your local language and script. With Currency (under Settings > Billing) you'll have the option to use your local currency, alongside the international currencies of USD $ and Euro €.
- Unit of Area: You can set this to m² or ft². It doesn't currently have any impact apart from displaying the appropriate unit when you add a size to a space.
- Date Format: Once you've set your country, you'll be able to set a number of alternatives for displaying the date format. For example, if you're based in Canada you'll be able to set the format to be in English or French.
- Time Zone: Setting your time zone makes sure bookings happen at the right time!
- Logo: The logo you upload here will be appear on your login screen, invoices, member app and shopping cart. Logo's should be .png or .jpg files and are best with transparent or white backgrounds and minimal padding.
- Login Screen Background Image: The image you choose appears on your login page.
Here's a help article to help you upload the best logo and image possible.