Team billing is an important feature in many workspaces. It's also a feature that's important enough to dedicate design and development time to. We'll be building out bona fide team billing in early 2018. Until then, we've introduced a rough and ready workaround that might just work for you.
When you're adding a new contact or editing an existing contact you'll see an option to add an 'Invoice Recipient'.
What happens by adding an Invoice Recipient is that when an invoice is sent out, either manually or through automated billing, is that the invoice will be sent to both the contact and the invoice recipient.
If you've integrated Habu with Stripe, the invoice recipient will have the ability to pay the invoice via the company card for example, with the company card then being held on file for future payments for that particular contact.
If you aren't using the Stripe integration and have added payment details to your invoices, then the invoice recipient will have the ability to pay the invoice on behalf of the member/contact.
- Create a membership plan for the whole team e.g. 'Team Plan'.
- Create a contact for the team or organisation and subscribe them to 'Team Plan'. You can customize the price to cover the membership costs of all their team members.
- Each member of a team then subscribes to the relevant membership with a custom price of $0.00. This will give them the benefits of the plan, like allowances in the meeting room, but this will not create any charges or invoices.
This method will result in one invoice for the value of all memberships within the team. All chargeable bookings and product purchases will need to be in the name of the Team, not the individual.
Workaround 2. - Team membership & offices
- Create a membership plan for the whole team e.g. 'Team Plan' of $0.00.
- Create a membership option called 'Team Member' and an appropriate price per person.
- Create a contact for the team or organisation and subscribe them to 'Team Plan'. Using the 'options' dropdown, you can add as many team 'Team Members' as you like.
This method will result in one invoice for all team members. It does not result in a direct relationship with each member, but can be useful for offices that charged per person.